Dating sites danmark Sorø
It is a two-storey Late Neoclassical building over a high cellar, probably designed by Frederik Ferdinand Friis who also designed the Rectory at Sorø Academy.The facade, which faces Storgade, Sorø's main street, stands in blank red brick with white sandstone bands just below the windows, on a dressed ochre-coloured plinth.Despite its location just a short drive from Copenhagen, the Amager island town of Dragør is almost a world away from the hustle and bustle of the capital and an ideal getaway for city dwellers in need of a break.Dating back to the 12th century, Dragør was formerly one of the most important fishing ports in the country and its maritime past is celebrated at Dragør Museum and Herring Day, a festival held annually each August featuring seafood and music, while the town’s narrow cobbled streets populated with colorful thatched houses are perfect for a relaxing stroll.The magnificent Ribe Cathedral first built in 860 AD still stands today and the Ribe Viking Center is a living museum dedicated to Viking culture.
In 1997, the museum was bequeathed a sizeable collection of Russian art by the estate of former barrister Hermod Lannung.It contains some 100 paintings and drawings, covering the period 1870 to 1930.Pre-revolutionary art is represented with works by artists such as Konstantin Korovin, Vasily Polenov, Alexandre Benois and Isaac Levitan, while the Soviet era is represented by figures such as Aleksandr Gerasimov and Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin.It is built in custom-made ceramic shingle, creating a facade reminiscent of Clapboard siding.The kolumba shingles were developed in collaboration with Petersen Tegl which also manufactured the bricks used for the Royal Danish Playhouse, one of Lundgaard & Tranberg's earlier projects. It is naturally lit through round skylights placed in the courtyard. The oldest works in the Danish collection are wood carvings dating from the 13th to 16th centuries.
The rear side of the building as well as a low lateral wing which defines the northern margin of a courtyard space, stand in yellow-dressed masonry. The modern extension completes the courtyard space by adding two new wings, a gabled wing along the rear street and a lower connector to the south, respecting the proportions and patterns of the historic surroundings.